Author: Simon Schubert
To: PTL general discussion
Subject: Re: [ptl] dual-trace 10MHz oscilloscope for CHF1.-
On 02/05/2012 10:51 AM, Erik Rossen wrote:
> Have you used dx.com, Simon? I was looking in the forums attached to
> some of the articles sold on their site and there were a number of
> complaints about slowness of shipping. I wonder, is that typical?

Yes, I've used them, and they are reliable. That doesn't mean that
every $1 item is of perfect quality. You get what you pay for.

Don't combine multiple items into one shipment, rather buy them all
separately. They will otherwise hold off until all items are available.

It takes them usually a week or so to ship the item (if they can get
it), and about 3 weeks or so to arrive from Hong Kong. Don't use DX for
something you need next week. Otherwise, all is fine.

They usually mark down the value, but you shouldn't count on it. You'll
definitely have to pay tax on the scope.

cheers
simon